- A picture really is worth a thousand words. When I was building my house, I started a binder and filled it with pictures I had cut out from magazines and brochures. It had everything in it from paint colors and cabinet styles, to built-in’s and lighting choices. When I saw something I liked, even if I thought it would be out of my budget, I cut it out. Knowing where your inspiration comes from is a great starting point. We can always get creative with substitues to help meet budget expectations. Another key here is to reserve a page for those things you do NOT like. Believe it or not, your dislikes help me know what to steer you away from and help us stay on track.
- Focus on those items that make a huge impact. Flooring is a great starting point. Having few breaks in flooring materials gives the impression that your space is larger. When your flooring breaks from one material to the other, this breaks the “visual flow” and ultimately makes the space feel smaller. Conversely, when your floor continues from room to room, your visual limitation stops at the wall furthest from you. Thus, giving you the impression that you have a more spacious floor plan.
- Do a drive by. Have you ever been driving around a saw a house that you just absolutely loved? Maybe it had the color scheme you liked, or the garage doors were exactly what you envisioned you wanted for you own home. Or maybe you didn’t like the layout but you loved the stone color. Take notes, and if possible, take a picture and add this to your binder. The more ideas you “come-to-the-table” with, the easier it will be for me to help create the home of your dreams.
- Keep an open mind when you visit the Design Center. You might be surprised at the various selections now offered. It’s our job to stay on top of the chaning trends and offer our clients the most current materials. We work hard to keep style a high priority while not sacrificing quality. Before you make up your mind, let’s explore your options together.
- Finally, schedule your appointment. The Design Center is open every Tuesday & Thursday 8:30 – 4:30 pm or by appointment. If you find those hours do not suite your schedule, we aim to please! Appointments can be made to accomodate your schedule. Keep in mind that you will need more than one appointment however. Typically, your first meeting, the Selection Appointment will take 2-3 hours. A follow-up appointment or two allows you to review selections and make any necessary changes before signing off on your selections. Once you have signed off on your options and colors, plans are finalized, there is a blueprint meeiting and shortly after your home begins to come to life! From here, sit back and enjoy the journey!
Look forward to meeting you!